Friday 18 January 2013

Vintage Rose

In my 1st post ever, I talked about how my shop runs regular card making workshops with the help of my crafty friend Carole. 

When the local library held a free event a year or 2 ago to encourage people to take up a new hobby, Carole had a stand there demonstrating & getting everyone to have a go at stamping & card making. She had some of her beautiful Crafty Creations on display & I knew straight away that she would be great to get on board to help me with my ambition to get some workshops up & running for the shop.
I'm sure you are familiar with Carole's Crafty Creations http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/  if not you should be!

We began our workshops towards the beginning of last year & since then our group has grown with great enthusiasm. We are about to restart our workshops for 2013 after our Christmas break.

So as promised here is a picture of the card my half of our group will be making on 31st January.

I began by stamping the Kanban vintage rose design 3 times with Aged Mahogany distress ink onto cream card. I then used a wet paintbrush & roughly washed over the images of the roses for a water coloured effect & added Bundled sage distress ink with the wet brush to the leafy areas. I then used my heat tool to dry it all. I cut one design out completely, & then layered parts of the remaining 2 designs with pinflair glue to create a 3d decoupaged effect

 
The card blank was an A4 piece of cream card folded in half & covered by the Paper Company Studio 'Cranberry Shimmer' card cut from 12 x 12 sheet.
 
 
I matted & layered a piece of torn 'Tank' green Coredinations & added some cream card embossed through my Cuttlebug with the Provocraft Victoria embossing folder which was then inked with Aged Mahogany. The shimmery May Arts ribbon was also added at this stage.
 
 
I used the Dreamweaver Happy Valentine's Day stencil & pearlescent embossing paste on cream card to make the sentiment.  I then heated the stencilled paste with my heat tool until it bubbled & crackled to give a more raised, embossed effect. I trimmed it to size & distress inked over the whole piece with the aged mahogany. I then gave it a final blast with my heat tool to make the embossing paste more shimmery & to heat set the ink.
This was then fixed with 3D foam pads to the card.
 
Although the sentiment is for Valentine's Day, I think by changing the stencil design this card would be also be lovely for a Birthday, Mother's Day or Anniversary card.
Sorry if the photos aren't great, they weren't taken in natural light but I was eager to get adding some pictures once I'd worked out how to do it!
This is going to be fun!!
 
Thanks for checking out my blog
Amy x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, very pretty vintage card, love the muted pink colouring, welcome to your first craft post! Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, welcome to crafty blogging, what a gorgeous card, vintage and pink what a combination. Looking forward to seeing lots more.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20/1/13

    Good Morning Amy,
    Your first picture post is really beautiful, lovely colour pink, really love the roses. Looking forward to more beautiful projects.
    Have a lovely day.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    such a beautiful card, so beautifully made. I look forward to more of your wonderful creations.
    Welcome to bloggland.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks everyone for taking the time to visit me & for leaving such lovely comments. I'm looking forward to posting again soon. I'm so excited to have some followers already!!
    Off now to check out your blogs too.

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy

    This is gorgeous!

    I love your colour choices and all the embossing/distressing.

    Beautiful work.

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete