Friday 17 January 2014

Out Of The Blue Zentangle Workshop 16th January 2014

Well, it's been quite a while since my last post!
 Things all went a bit mad as they usually do in the run up to Christmas.
 It's our busiest time of the year in the shop & there is non stop display rearranging, ordering, unpacking & pricing to be done.
 Mix that with Christmas shopping evenings, Christmas craft workshops to teach, celebrating special birthdays & trying to get my own Christmas shopping done & I was definitely ready for a nice few days over Christmas to sit down & put my feet up!.
 I had several Christmas creations photographed & ready to write posts for but just never got the chance, but never mind, they will just have to keep for this Christmas!.
That all now seems like yonks ago & we are already now mid way into January!. It really is a month that drags, but for me it normally chugs along quite nicely as we attend trade fairs for the shop & begin ordering lots of new goodies.
 Plus it marks the start of our 2014 workshops for Out Of the Blue, the first of which was last night.
We decided to ease into the New Year with a zentangle project for our ladies. It's really quite addictive once you start & I managed to get quite a few images prepared while I sat watching tv which was a great way to get my non Christmas mojo back. I'll save those for future posts.
 
Some of our ladies were a bit worried about where to begin but we used dreamweaver stencils & woodware peel off stickers as a starting point & once they got started they were well away!.
 I don't think our craft room has ever been so quiet!, everyone was zoned out & concentrating on their tangles!.
 
 Here's a few pics of their creations
 
 
 
We concentrated on monochrome & added touches of colour with ribbons & gems & everyone loved it.
 
 
 
 
 I think our ladies will be looking at their stash of dies, stencils, punches, masks & stamps differently now to see how they can zentangle with them.
 
 
 
 



 
Well, sorry for such a lengthy post, but I did have a bit of catching up to do.
I'd just like to end by welcoming my newest follower Viera, thanks for choosing to follow my creations it's nice to have you & very exciting to add you to my small list of followers!
 
See you soon
 
Amy x
 
P.S  I'll be stopping by your blogs & commenting again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I was so pleased they all loved the class..it just goes to show that you don't know until you try, but I think that once everyone started they all got really into it..you could tell by the silence! See you soon, Hugs Carole X

    ReplyDelete