Tuesday 1 April 2014

Mother's Day card in purple

Well, here I am again! Two posts already this week & its only Tuesday!

Yesterday I shared the card I made for my Mum & today I'm  going to show you the card I made for my Mother in law for Mother's Day as I mentioned in my last post.

My Mother in law is very into her pinks & purples so that was my starting point.
 I also wanted to use the Woodware stamps we were using at our Workshops this month so that whatever I made could be shown as a sample at both classes or maybe even end up being the project we made. 

Here's what I came up with


I started by cutting a circle in the middle of my scalloped edge card blank. I then cut the waste circle slightly smaller again & stamped & embossed the Happy Mother's Day sentiment in the centre, inking around both circles & the scalloped edges of the card.
I used a tiny leaf stamp ( from a kanban set I think)  to stamp all around the outside of the circle aperture.
The sentiment circle was then mounted onto lilac card & stuck behind the circle aperture using 3d foam pads.

I stamped the 3 sizes of Woodware flowers onto white card stock several times, cut out & inked them with the same purple ink.
They were then layered together & stuck around the aperture & distress glitter was added to the centres along with a few pearl gems in the top right corner of the card to finish.


I also stamped a flower inside the card along with the Have a Lovely Day sentiment from Creative Expressions.

Quite simple really especially by using just one colour of ink.

This didn't end up being my groups project for our March workshops, I'll share that card with you soon.

Thanks for visiting, & 'hello' to my newest follower Rebecca. 
I'm now a new follower of your blog too!.

See you again soon

Amy x 


2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Amy, those flowers are lovely! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me too! Your card is beautiful, such a gorgeous colour and the flowers look so good.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete