Friday 20 June 2014

Fairy festival workshop card

Happy Friday! Hope you've all had a good week so far & have lots of lovely plans for the weekend?

Today I'm sharing with you the card I made for my half of the group to make at our workshop for Chipping Sodbury Festival.
As mentioned in my last post, the theme for the festival this year is 'Disney' & so I decided to use Lavinia stamps to create a fairy/Tinkerbell type of card.


 All the stamps used were Lavinia Stamps which I really enjoyed using.
 The designs are so effective in black silhouette & so I stamped my fairy & the background designs onto rainbow card stock & mat onto black card.
 I stamped my fairy twice, the second fairy was then layered on top of the first.
Her wings were shaped to give dimension & I added stickles glitter glue to add sparkle. I then covered her with glossy accents although this doesn't really show in the photos.


The background was made by cutting a circle out of the card blank. I cut another circle out of rainbow card, stamped & inked around the edges & then I mounted my 'moon' on black card behind my circle aperture to give depth.
The 'believe' sentiment was attached with 3d foam & I added stickles & distress inks to finish.


This card was also the inspiration for my fairy canvas for my window display as seen in my last post.

Here's the finished card on display in my window alongside some Lavinia stamps & other crafty goodies.


Thanks for stopping by, please pop back again soon.

Amy x 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Amy, it really stands out in your window display. Love the colours...these stamps were great to work with weren't they and the group went well again this afternoon, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning! I really must get my hands on some of these fabulous stamps. Love the beautiful colours you've used to create the background. Have a lovely weekend!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I found you on Carole's card and wanted to see your lovely creation...it's just as stunning and love the window scene...gorgeous colours...I have joined your blog and so hope you will visit me as well, I also have a candy with three artist sponsoring me...will be back...aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete