Friday 10 April 2015

Gone fishing

Happy Friday! 
Hope you all have a fun & crafty weekend lined up?.
I'm working tomorrow & then on Sunday I'll be busy getting things prepared for our workshop on Thursday.

 This evening I'm sharing a card I made as a special commission.

My Dad is a keen fisherman & since retiring in the last couple of years he has spent a lot of time in our local fishing tackle supplies shop (just opposite our own shop) picking up tips & getting to know the owner Chris.

So, when Dad found out it was Chris's birthday last week he asked me to make a fishing themed birthday card for him to give him.


I had just the stamps for the job!.

I used Woodware's 'Gone Fishing' background stamp & 'Casting the bait' stamp.
Plus Creative Expressions 'Tree Bark' A6 stamp by Sam Poole.

The whole card was made using navy, white & black card, black archival ink & faded jeans distress ink, pale blue embossing powder & some screw head metal brads.



I enjoyed making this card as I don't often make men's cards.
Apparently, it was well received & I'm already planning a Father's Day card with a fishing theme to make for my Dad in June.

Thanks for stopping by & leaving me your comments which are always much appreciated, I'll be back again soon.

Amy x 

12 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the colours and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, this is fabulous! love these stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, fab male card, love the design and colours Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, love the backgrounds and main image x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is superb, love it xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Amy, your Dad would have been thrilled I'm sure! Hope he had a super birthday, hugs Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the tones. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for any male, love the colour. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card in all blues. Great card for a guy. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning masculine design! I find these so hard but your image and design are perfect. Love the wood texture!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete