Tuesday 11 February 2014

Pretty little heart

Hi everyone,
Today I am showing you a little creation I made as a sample for this weeks 'Out Of The Blue' workshop.

We thought we'd do something other than a card & decided on some decorated MDF shapes in the form of birds & hearts. A bit of a valentines theme?.

I've made a few of each shape & here's one example



The MDF blank was primed & then painted with Adirondack lights pink sherbet acrylic paint. I then stamped a script stamp  with a butterfly in the design in clear embossing ink & heat embossed with white embossing powder. I used the same stamp & embossing powder on lilac card & cut the butterflies out. I shaped them & stuck them to the heart & added pearl gems & lilac coloured craft wire for the bodies & antennae. The same craft wire was used to make a hanging loop & a pendant at the bottom to which beads were added.



I also added a strip of white cotton lace across the heart to finish.

I made a few others of different styles & techniques.
 Our group can choose what techniques they want to use on theirs based on the examples Carole & I have to show them.

I really enjoyed making this little heart, a pretty hanging gift, tag for a wine bottle or maybe a tag for a wedding gift?.

Thanks for visiting

Amy 




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I've been enjoying prepping them for tomorrow , see you then! Carole x

    ReplyDelete