Sunday 16 February 2014

Stitches & hearts

Hi bloggers!, yet another busy week seems to have passed me by  in a bit of a blur. 
Today Mum & I visited the Stitches trade fair at the NEC in Birmingham to order nice new crafty goodies for the shop.
I've come away with lots of inspirational ideas, just can't wait for the orders we placed to arrive so I can have a play.

Our favourite stands this year were Creative Expressions, so many new products were showcased on their stand today we just didn't know where to begin!.
 Woodware, always such fab card samples on display. 
 Paperartsy, lots of lovely conversation & gorgeous design displays.
 Indigoblu where we watched lots of lovely Ice Resin creations taking shape by Nikki
 & Sizzix whose samples were great & we loved the retro 1950's range. 
Really wanted to share this cute tree of owls on the Sizzix stand.


The pink owl, bottom left actually had fluttery eyelashes! So cute. 

This huge wooden owl was on display at the entrance to the hall. I know a few people who would love this in their garden! 
Isn't he great?.


Just had to take a picture of this amazing creation, everything has been knitted! & that cute little pup reminds me of my sister's collie dog.





We also held another workshop for Out Of The Blue this week. As it was the day before Valentines we decided to do a heart/lovebird theme. 
Everyone really enjoyed making something other than a card this week & went home with a sweet gift for a loved one.

Here's another one of the designs I made as a sample to inspire them.

Hope you like it.



 Quite a few of the ladies were rather taken with this Heartfelt Creations stamp, I love it & am sure we will find lots of uses for it in future workshops.
This time I stamped & layered the flowers in Festive Berries distress ink. 
 Also loving that black Distress Glitter!

That's it for tonight, off to bed now as I'm back up at Stitches again tomorrow with Carole, here's hoping we don't have any car problems this year! 

See you soon! 










3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving us a little insight into Stitches Amy, it must be very exciting to visit and see all the new products! Hope you and Carole have a wonderful day! Love your beautiful heart. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great today, thanks...got lots of new ideas didn't we? Loved seeing these creations in the 'flesh' too! See you soon, hugs Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, just came back to say my friend Neet found some instructions for the book/card/box thingy that I made. Thought you might like to have a go.
    http://tina46magnolia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/ws-buchkarte.html The instructions are much clearer than the ones I followed. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete