Wednesday 7 January 2015

The last Christmas wish

The decorations are well & truly down for another year but I just have one more Christmas make to sneek in!.


This is the card I made for my Mother & Father in law & also for my crafty friend Carole who teaches our workshops with us at Out Of The Blue. 

I also made the same card in traditional reds & greens for my Mum & Dad & Auntie & Uncle. 

The poinsettia is a Woodware clear stamp which is really lovely to use as are all of their stamps. 
I stamped in black & coloured with dusty Concorde distress ink as watercolour & cut & layered the flowers together.
 The leaves, berries & die cut flourishes were washed with pine needles. 

The embossed lilac background was enhanced with treasure silver gilding wax as were the edges of the die cut stamped sentiment.


The finishing touch was just to add diamond Stickles glitter glue to the petals & berries to add a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by

Amy x 



5 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to use Dusty Concorde for a poinsettia but it looks absolutely beautiful and I love the contrast with the green - a real beauty of a card! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Amy, I love Dusty Concorde and is my favourite DI.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I recognised this when I saw it on my side-bar....so I'm lucky enough to ave had it on my mantelpiece over Christmas...really didn't want to take any of my handmade cards down, but they will of course all be kept! Hugs and see you soon, Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card with such a lovely layered poinsettia. This colour scheme is definitely one of my favourites!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy this looks beautiful in the colours you have used, love the depth of the flower xx

    ReplyDelete