Sunday 1 February 2015

Imagination Crafts Inspiration project. 1st February 2015

Good morning crafter's. I hope you are all having a good & relaxing weekend?.
Today we are up at the NEC in Birmingham for the Spring Fair. 
This is the trade fair for the gift trade & we will be ordering lots of lovely new goodies for our shop Out Of The Blue.
It's a great opportunity to spot new trends for the coming year & see what are going to be popular themes in gifts, homeware & the greetings & card sectors.
It's a huge show & covers pretty much all of the halls at the exhibition centre so comfy shoes & coffee pitstops are a definite must!.
We'll be up there for a couple of days so we're hoping snow doesn't affect our journeys too much.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post featuring the mirror I altered for my DT tutorial over on the Imagination Crafts blog.
Thankyou for taking the time to pop over & leave me a comment there too, it was much appreciated.

Anyway, here's my project for today


As it's the 1st of the month it's my DT Inspiration project for Imagination Crafts Challenge Blog.
It's also the card I made for my Mum for her birthday.
I used purple & turquoise card distressed around the edges.

The stamps are from the Imagination Crafts decoupage stamp range & I used the Dragonfly set.
This is a beautiful range of stamps perfect for layering.
Here I have stamped & heat embossed the design in white detail embossing powder onto vellum & coloured the back of the vellum with inks.



I stamped the design again & coloured just the dragonflies & then cut them out. These were then stuck I'm place on top of the original design.
I added some stamping around the edge of the purple card & finished with some stickles glitter glue & pearl gems.



I decorated the inside too.

Hope you are inspired to join in with the challenge.
The theme every month is anything goes & there's a great prize up for grabs.
Please also check out all the other design team projects over on the blog.

See you again soon

Amy x 

9 comments:

  1. Stunning Amy, this is one of my favourite stamps and you have showcased it fabulously.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Amy, love the delicate butterflies..looking forward to hearing about all the goodies you and your mum see(and order) at the gift fair, hugs Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Amy, love all the layers, colours and detail, I do love the use of your parchment, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love the colour ways. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a truely beautiful make Amy - hope you enjoyed the show too. Big hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card Amy, the colours are beautiful. Enjoy the show...I used to enjoy the one at Harrogate when we had a shop. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Amy, I just love those beautiful dragonflies! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty love it!!

    ReplyDelete